This past weekend marked the start to the last year of the first three decades of my life. Did that come out right? My sweet familia came to E’ville (Emeryville) to help celebrate. As with many events on my blog, the visual representation of the activities from the weekend will highlight my niece. Consider her my poster child. Here are the highlights:
* Cheeseboard for breakfast at a park on a beautiful fall day complete with a cement slide that scared me half to death but I loved every moment of it. Cement slides that could easily break open your skull are fun.
* A trip to the Jelly Belly Factory. I love factories. I would work in one if it made my dad proud (not sure it would).
* Breakfast at a hole in the wall, complete with loads of grease and butter that tastes good but probably isn’t really butter.
* Dog park/beach time. Little girls played in the sand (I hope it was clean sand) and made me a sand castle cake.
* The crew came over to a birthday party that a put on for myself. I don’t intend to sound conceited, I just wanted family over and wanted to eat mass quantities (including bacon cups). Cooper and I put on a fiesta complete with a pin the tail on the donkey game. We also had a pinata stuffed and ready to whack open but there was so much to eat and do that we didn’t get to it. One of the highlights..the box of booger/ear wax flavored jelly beans. If you eat a green jelly bean you don’t know if you will get a pear or booger flavored treat.
* An Ikea run with little girls who had never been exposed to the world of Ikea. They liked it. Come back again chicas and we’ll eat Swedish meatballs.
* A final dinner out with the girls (and Cooper). I love my girls (and Cooper).